History of Cheshire County
The County of Cheshire was one of five counties established in 1769, along with Rockingham, Strafford, Hillsborough and Grafton.
Major Josiah Willard was appointed the first Recorder of Deeds and Conveyances of Real Estate in March 1771 and had previously served as the first representative to the legislature (1768-1770). Land records were held in Walpole until 1813. County land records were in several locations until the present Court House was built in 1858. Property records remained in that building until 1988 when the Registry outgrew the facilities. In October, 1987, the old Ashuelot National Bank was acquired and land records were moved. Land records for Cheshire County beginning in 1771 to present can now be found in the Administration Building at 33 West St, Keene N.H.
Records prior to 1771 are in the State Archives in Concord, N.H. Land records for Sullivan County from 1771 until 1827 can also be found in the early Cheshire County records.
Towns in Cheshire County
City of Keene property values: http://www.ci.keene.nh.us/services/
Community Profiles – lookup by the name of the community: http://www.nhes.nh.gov/elmi/products/
Or lookup the county information:
The official State of NH website: