Cheshire County is hiring for this full-time benefitted position:
Under the supervision of the Police Communications Supervisor, responsible for manning the Cheshire County public safety communication center, including responding to a wide variety of normal and emergency calls and performing appropriate record keeping, filing, and report preparation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:*
· Operates a frequently busy multi-line telephone, multi-frequency radios, and nationwide telecommunication system to alert emergency personnel.
· Operates video perimeter surveillance equipment.
· Monitors duty functions of less experienced Communication Specialists, including training and checking assigned work.
· Originates or relays enforcement and emergency information to outside departments and local and state agencies.
· Maintains complete field and other logs and documentation, utilizing a computer aided dispatch system.
· Receives routine emergency and business requests and assigns appropriate responders.
· Assists in training new employees in use of equipment, record keeping, and filing.
Interested candidates can apply at www.workCheshire.com or submit resume directly to Kim May, HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org