Cheshire County is an
For all positions, except
where noted, contact
Forward resumes and
Print form, complete it and
send to the above address.
Position Title: County Administrator Department: Commissioners Office
Reports to: Board of Commissioners Date: March 2, 2015
The County Administrator is the administrative representative of the Board of Cheshire County Commissioners with the public, other governmental agencies, elected officials and the departments and personnel of Cheshire County. The person in this position provides technical support and guidance to the Board and provides advice to the Board in the areas of policy development, program evaluation, public communications, budgetary process, personnel management, data processing and emergency management functions and from time to time to make such recommendations to the Board of Commissioners as the County Administrator may deem appropriate. The position includes responsibilities for consultation with and provision of assistance to elected officials and Departmental managers in the execution of their duties and the presentation of reports on Departmental operations at the request of the Board of Commissioners. The position also includes, as a primary duty, the oversight of preparation of annual budgets for County departments (including those of elected officials) and agencies, oversight of their development and oversight of their execution throughout the budget cycle. The County Administrator serves as liaison between the Board of Commissioners, elected officials and the departments of County government within County Government and serves as the Public Information Officer at the request of the Board of Commissioners in coordination with affected department managers and elected officials.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNTIONS;
· Attends regular and special meetings of the commissioners and Cheshire County Delegation as they shall require
· Keep full and complete records of the commissioners’ office and its meetings. Prepares agenda, ensures that minutes of meetings are kept and distributed in accordance with County Policy
· Provide a synopsis of reports or meetings for publication if requested by the board of commissioners and in accordance with NH Law
· Provide the commissioners an objective view of the needs of the County within the scope of the position’s authority
· Prepares public notices when required
· Prepares press releases when required
· Regularly meets with elected officials and department managers to keep abreast of departmental operations and to obtain information to familiarize the Board of Commissioners on ongoing operations and anticipated problems and issues.
· Ensures the maintenance of all official records in accordance with statutory and regulatory requirements and that County personnel policies are followed in all departments of the County government.
· The County Administrator briefs the Board of Commissioners on pertinent issues and then makes certain that the Board’s decisions are carried out.
· Compiles and publishes the County’s annual report in accordance with NH law
· Is responsible for the preparation of the County budget to the Board of Commissioners and the County Delegation and is responsible for oversight of the expenditure of all appropriated funds, grant funds, special purpose funds and other funds and assets of the county.
· Additional primary duties may be added by the Board of Commissioners from time to time for the overall good of the County and enhancement of the position
· The County Administrator is required to assist and advise all elected officials and County department managers at all times in the event of emergency, and in so doing may, with the advise and consent of the Board of Commissioners, authorize elected officials and department managers to render such assistance to constituent towns of the County as may be within the capacity of county government.
· Facilitates access of elected officials and department managers to the Board of Commissioners and presents elected officials and departmental issues and requests to the Board at the request of elected officials and departmental managers, provided that direct access to the Board by any elected officials and departmental manager shall not be denied.
· Provides ongoing reviews of county operations to the Board of Commissioners and from time to time proposes to the Board of Commissioners changes to existing programs and services or new programs as may enhance their efficiency and effectiveness or better serve the interests of the people of Cheshire County.
· Reviews and makes recommendations to the commissioners on necessary policy changes
· Serves, along with other appropriate designated County officers, as the representative of the Board of Commissioners on collective bargaining bodies, transmits the Boards proposals and requirements of the various parties to the Board.
· From time to time recommends to the Board of Commissioners the engagement of such outside services and may be required by the County and, upon their engagement, oversees their work on behalf of the County and reports his observations to the Board.
· Interacts with governmental, community, business leaders and citizens as required
· Serves as point of resource and guidance on a daily basis for the County’s Department Managers
· Works with elected and appointed officials to resolve issues of mutual concern and to develop harmonious working relationships in order to provide optimum service
· Monitors trends in wage, salary and benefits to ensure equity and stability in the County work force
· Reviews employee grievances, assembles appropriate grievance documentation from the grievant and responding department for presentation to the Board of Commissioners as required by County policies and appropriate statutes.
· Develops long-range capital programs, including estimates of projected revenues and expenditures. Coordinates planning with elected and appointed officials for long-range space and building needs
· Maintains effective communication and liaison with the County legislative Delegation
· Performs other tasks and assignments as directed by the board of commissioners
At the direction of the board, develops plans to attract new
developments to the County
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / TRAINING AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelors degree and advanced degrees preferred.
· Experience in County or relevant local government, knowledge, training or experience in county government functions preferred
· Relevant knowledge of governmental finance, budgeting, bonding, grant writing and controls, accounting, risk management, private health insurance operations.
· Experience in the design, construction, oversight and maintenance of large governmental buildings and in the supervision of construction contracts .
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and programs simultaneously and to delegate and supervise varying tasks.
· Patience, tact, and understanding when working with staff, the media, elected officials or the public
· Flexibility to adapt to changing conditions and the various details of the position
Ability to act as a respectable ambassador for the commissioners at all
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Normal office environment, not subject to extreme
variations of temperature, noise, odors, etc.
May use computer keyboards requiring eye-hand
coordination and finger dexterity.
More than half of time spent in normal office setting.
Application Deadline is March 31, 2015
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Please contact Wendy Hurley, HR Manager at (603) 399-7317
Licensed Nursing Assistant - Full Time/Various ShiftsUnder the supervision of the LPN Charge Nurse or Staff Nurse, provides basic resident care and assists in the maintenance of the unit environment.
Follows facility policies and procedures and the standards of the Nurse Practice Act of New Hampshire.Duties require knowledge of nursing assistance equivalent to completion of a high school diploma plus additional courses and up to one year of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be registered as a Licensed Nurse Assistant by the State of New Hampshire.
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager or RN
Supervisor, responsible for performing clinical and administrative duties on
Supports the Nurse Manager or RN Supervisor in maintaining standards of resident care and maintaining policies and protocols to meet OBRA regulations for long term care.
Duties require knowledge of nursing equivalent to completion of an applicable Nursing Program.
Must be licensed by the State of New Hampshire Board of
Under the direction of the charge
nurse, assists with routine prescribed medication administration and
documentation in accordance with established nursing standards, and the
policies, procedures, and practices of this facility.
Administers PRN medications upon the
instruction of the delegating licensed nurse.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Receive report at the
beginning of shift with nurses.
knowledge of nursing assistance equivalent to completion of a high school
diploma plus additional courses and up to one year of related experience, or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
For more information on this position, please contact Stephanie Jardine in Human Resources at 399-7378.
Department: Assisted Living