County of Cheshire
In collaboration with the Monadnock Region Rail Trail Collaborative & Keene Sno-Riders
REQUEST FOR QUOTES
Cheshire Rail Trail Rehabilitation – Surry Section
The County of Cheshire is requesting formal quotes from qualified contractors for tree removal.
Submissions and Timeline
- RFQ release date: Tuesday, May 9, 2023.
- Quotes are due by 9:00am on Friday, June 9, 2023.
- The estimated date for selection of contractor is Friday, June 9, 2023.
- The estimated start date for contract is Monday, June 12, 2023.
- The estimated completion date for contract work is Thursday, November 30, 2023.
Scope of Work
- Remove all trees in the rail bed and trail footprint on an approximately one mile segment of the Cheshire Rail Trail from the Keene Recycling Center and Transfer Station (approx. GPS 42.978690, -72.350118) to the trail access point on NH Rt 12 across from the Summit Winery (approx. GPS 42.981623, -72.364117).
- Specifically, mow back all of the small brush on both sides of the trail entrance on NH Route 12 and both sides of the rail trail for the entire mile. Cut all of the trees growing out of the rocks on both sides through the two rock cuts. Chip the brush and move the wood to the two designated spots on the trail. Cut any hazardous or leaning trees over the trail. Stumps are not to be removed.
- The trail will be closed during the work.
- Prevailing wage rates do not apply.
To Respond to This Request for Quotes
- Submit quotes on letterhead or corporate form via PDF attachment to an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Quotes should clearly and concisely address the complete scope of work as stated above. Quotes shall distinctly indicate any contingencies, exceptions, or additions, or other deviations from the scope of work stated above.
- Provide a fixed all-inclusive single gross price; and if available separately show reduction for any discounts or donations, as well as the net This is a grant-funded project and qualifies for a 501(c)3 tax deduction). The price shall be the entire price needed to complete the project according to the scope of work described above and inclusive of the contractor’s supply of all equipment, materials, supplies, labor, and any other items or services necessary to complete the scope of work.
- Walk-throughs of the project site with the project manager are not required. Should the prospective contractor desire, one may be arranged by request. Requests must be made by May 26, 2023 and must be scheduled and completed by June 2, 2023.